I’m Better Than Some Nollywood Actresses – Uriel Oputa

Forum 5 months ago

I’m Better Than Some Nollywood Actresses – Uriel Oputa

Big Brother Naija reality show star and singer, Uriel Oputa has made a case for herself.

According to the reality star, she is better at acting than some contemporary Nollywood actresses.

Speaking in a recent interview on Cool FM, Uriel said: “A lot of people [filmmakers] have approached me to be in movies. I get asked to be in movies all the time; in my DM, email, I get approached to be an actress.

“And I know that I’m a very good actress. I am probably better than some of the actresses in Nollywood right now. And that’s me being real. Apart from having a natural artiste instinct, I studied drama in the UK. So, I know that I’m quite a good actor.

“I’ve been approached by a lot of people to get into acting but I’ve always turned them down. The reason I turned down gigs for acting in Nigeria is because, one, you’re always going to be stereotyped into a role; two, some of the scripts are a bit too predictable; and three, they [filmmakers] don’t pay well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Haters Are Losers And Can Never Do Better Than The People They Hate - Yul Edochie
Forum | 1 day ago

Haters Are Losers And Can Never Do Better Than The People They Hate - Yul Edochie

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

From Nollywood to iGaming: The Expanding Landscape of Digital Entertainment
Forum | 1 week ago

From Nollywood to iGaming: The Expanding Landscape of Digital Entertainment

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others
Forum | 1 week ago

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others