29-Year-Old Man Breaks Into Widow's Home At Night, Overpowers And R*pes Her

Forum 5 months ago

29-Year-Old Man Breaks Into Widow's Home At Night, Overpowers And R*pes Her

A 29-year-old Chikodili Igboji, has been accused of r*ping Mrs. Chinyere Igwe, a 50-year-old widow.

The young man has since been arrested and remanded.

An Abakaliki Chief Magistrate Court on Wednesday, ordered that the man be remanded at a correctional facility.

After turning down the defendant’s request for bail, Magistrate Chinedu Agama-Agama issued an order for his remand.

Igboji is charged with one count of s*xual assault, allegedly committed on October 5 at Udenyi village, Izzo Imoha, in the Ezza North local government area of Ebonyi.

He pleaded not guilty to the charge when it was read to him in court.

In his bail application, the defendant’s attorney, Francis Nwelom, emphasized his innocence.

However, Insp. Stanley Ngene, the prosecution attorney, objected to the bail request and asked the court to remand the defendant.

Ngene informed the court that the crime is punishable by section 358 of the 2009 Ebonyi State of Nigeria’s CAP 33 vol. 1 statutes, criminal code.

After the court session, the victim—a mother of six—told reporters about her trauma, saying that the defendant had come to her home at night carrying a knife.

She said the defendant had woken her up from sleep, grabbed her, and threatened to murder her if she said anything.

“I was afraid and started shivering. I managed to ask him, what was my offence? I pleaded with him to have mercy on me that I have no husband and I have six children. Please.

”He pushed me, r*ped me and went away with my phone and my hard-earned N20, 000, she said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 2 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd