Why My Marriage Crashed – Angela Okorie

Forum 5 months ago

Why My Marriage Crashed – Angela Okorie

Angela Okorie, the Nollywood actress, has opened up about her life, revealing that she dumped her estranged husband, Chukwuma Orizu because she “fell out of love.”

The mother of one said she became tired of marriage because of pressure from her husband’s family members who were constantly asking her to quit entertainment.

Okorie spoke in a recent podcast interview hosted by her colleague, Iyabo Ojo.

She said, “I won’t advise anybody to be in a marriage when you’re not in love with the man. I think that’s the reason a lot of women cheat. In this Lekki, you have too many women who cheat in their marriages.

“For me, I fell out of love. The man [my ex-husband] was a good man. I fell out of love because of what his family was doing. The family didn’t want me to continue acting. They didn’t want me to do anything acting. They were like, ‘If we are going to marry you, you’ll stop doing entertainment.’ And I will be like, ‘Even my mum can’t even stop me. That is my life. Do you know how many years it took me?’

“He [my ex-husband] was in support of me. He doesn’t even stress me but because of the whole saga, it was like I was in a place where the people didn’t even understand my vision. They don’t understand what I’m chasing. You need to chase it with me. This is what your wife wants. You can’t kill my dream. This is what I’ve worked for so many years to get here. So, you can’t just wake up and say, “Because you want to marry me, give up on my dreams.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Actress Uche Nnanna Celebrates 10-years of Marriage With Husband
Forum | 3 days ago

Actress Uche Nnanna Celebrates 10-years of Marriage With Husband

Actress, Angela Okorie Drags Her Colleague, Zubby Michael
Forum | 5 days ago

Actress, Angela Okorie Drags Her Colleague, Zubby Michael

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie
Forum | 1 week ago

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie