Most Nigerian Artists Don’t Want Their Kids To Listen To Their Songs – ID Cabasa Says

Forum 5 months ago

Most Nigerian Artists Don’t Want Their Kids To Listen To Their Songs – ID Cabasa Says

Olumide Ogunade, the veteran Nigerian record producer, who is popularly known as ID Cabasa, has made a new claim about artistes.

He said most Nigerian artistes who are parents don’t approve of their kids listening to their music.

He said most artistes don’t want their kids to listen to their songs because of explicit lyrical content, stressing that most of them are just doing music to make ends meet.

Cabasa spoke in a recent episode of The Honest Bunch Podcast co-hosted by actor, Chinedu Ani Emmanuel, aka Nedu.

He said: “I can tell you that most artists in Nigeria that you see, they don’t want their kids to actually listen to their own songs. And don’t blame them.

“I don’t like apportioning blames because they people funding [music executives are behind what artists put out]. A lot of us are doing this thing [music] for survival. So, the question is how do you balance who you are with who they [music executives] want you to be?”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 21 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday