I Won’t Drink Alcohol Even If I’m Offered N50bn – Singer Sexy Steel

Forum 5 months ago

I Won’t Drink Alcohol Even If I’m Offered N50bn – Singer Sexy Steel

Abbey Abuede, the Nigerian singer, who is popularly known as Sexy Steel, has vowed never to taste alcohol even if an alcoholic brand offers him N50 billion.

According to the multi-faceted entertainer, he has never smoked or taken alcohol.

He said he once lost a huge endorsement deal because he doesn’t drink alcohol.

Sexy Steel spoke in a recent episode of The Honest Bunch Podcast co-hosted by actor, Chinedu Ani Emmanuel, aka Nedu.

He said, “I have lost one very big deal because I don’t drink alcohol. That was Guinness extra smooth when it came out years back. They later made 2Face their ambassador after I declined. Then I was modelling. I was the one shortlisted for the gig and when we went there, they poured Guinness in the glass that we should drink for the advert but I insisted that they change it to soft drink which they refused.

“They told me that for me to be their brand ambassador, I’ve to be drinking their alcoholic drink. And I opted out. They thought I was joking because the money was huge. I refused to do it.

“Years later, I saw the brand manager at Eko Hotel. He sent someone to call me after I finished performing on stage. He asked if I remembered him, and I said I didn’t. And he started telling those around him that I was the person that made him realise that money isn’t everything.”

When asked by his co-guest on the show, ID Cabasa, whether he would accept if he is presented with the same offer again, Sexy Steel said, “Cabasa, even if it’s N50 billion, I would not drink. I’m telling you. I’ve principles.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 1 day ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 4 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself
Forum | 6 days ago

Singer, Portable Slams Wife, Bewaji, For Not Including Him In Her Birthday Message To Herself

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’
Forum | 6 days ago

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’