Rivers NDDC State Rep, Okocha Denies Abducting Kinsmen

Forum 5 months ago

Rivers NDDC State Rep, Okocha Denies Abducting Kinsmen

Tony Okocha, the representative of Rivers State on the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Management Board, has refuted accusations of kidnapping youths from his hometown, Rumuigbo, in the Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of the state.

Some chiefs, youths, and women of Rumuigbo community had last week staged a protest against Okocha, accusing him of being the architect of the alleged abduction of two of their sons in Abuja, Bobby Owhondah and Chamberlain Owhondah.

Some indigenes of the Rumuigbo community had been summoned by the Deputy Inspector General of Police, DIGP, in Abuja over the chieftaincy crisis in the community, an invitation Okocha said he is not signatory to.

The protesters alleged the two men had been kidnapped while in Abuja to honour the invitation by the DIGP.

Reacting to the allegation, Okocha disassociated himself from the alleged abduction.

He issued a 14-day ultimatum to the protesters, led by one Professor Reginald Amadi, to retract their allegation against him and apologize or face legal action.

He challenged anyone with proof that he had used his political office or position to arrest any indigene of Rumuigbo to come forward.

Okocha said: “I am not in the picture, I don’t know what they’re talking about.

“It is just another attempt to defame my character, another attempt to malign my character.

“I am not aware of what they’re talking about and I want anyone to prove to the fact that either in the petition that went to the police, that my name is anywhere on any of the documents.

“I am giving Professor Reginald Amadi and his cohorts, 14 days as allowed by the law to apologize to me for their attempt to defame my character or I will press charges against them in court.”

Reaction to the current political situation in Rivers State, Okocha blamed the gap in communication and agreement but called for peace for the interest of Rivers people.

“There was a breakdown in communication and that breakdown in communication contributed in the breaching of agreement.

“In politics, nobody gives with the right hand without wanting to take from the left.

“There was a bridge, and that bridge may have gotten to a crescendo where some persons would have said, no we’ll do this, we’ll do the other one.

“And when the man (Nyesom Wike) says don’t tamper with my structure, it means that there was an agreement and that agreement is about to be bridged.

“So the issue is not about structure, it’s about governance and in the course of governance, certain agreements are beginning to be bridged and of course amendment will be made.

“I’m suing for peace.” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Oyo State college of Nursing and Midwifery shortlisted candidates for interview, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 day ago

Oyo State college of Nursing and Midwifery shortlisted candidates for interview, 2024/2025

State Police Non-Negotiable — Jonathan
Forum | 5 days ago

State Police Non-Negotiable — Jonathan

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 6 days ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim

Oyo State College of Nursing and Midwifery new entrance examination date
Forum | 6 days ago

Oyo State College of Nursing and Midwifery new entrance examination date