MKO Abiola's Younger Brother Is Dead

Forum 8 years ago

MKO Abiola's Younger Brother Is Dead

Alhaji Mubashiru Abiola, the younger brother of the acclaimed winner of the annulled June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief MKO Abiola, is dead.

Mubashiru, 73, who was said to have been battling with an undisclosed ailment for about three months before his death on Friday, was buried in Abeokuta on Saturday.

Tears flowed freely at the Gaa Sabo, Abeokuta, Ogun State residence as the remains of the septuagenarian were buried.

His wives, children. relations and other sympathisers, who besieged the deceased’s residence to bid him farewell, wept at his demise.

The Chief Imam of Gbagura, Prof. Kamaldeen Balogun, who conducted the funeral service, said death was inevitable for all mortals.

He urged his listeners, irrespective of their religions, to live life as if they would die the next day.

The cleric added, “Death is inevitable for all souls, whether you are rich or poor, you must die one day and leave all those earthly things for others who will also die later.”

Among the dignitaries, who attended the funeral, which held inside the expansive compound of the late MKO Abiola’s younger brother, were former Minister for Mines and Steel Development, Alhaji Sarafa Isola; the General Manager, Ogun State Television, Alhaji Ayinde Soaga; his elder brother, Yaya Soaga, and a member of the House of Representatives, Mikahil Kazzim, among others.

The former Managing Director/Editor-in-Chief of defunct Concord Newspaper, Dr. Doyin Abiola, led other members of the Abiola family to the funeral.
They included Lola Abiola-Edewor and Lekan Abiola.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Deadpool & Wolverine: Kevin Feige Turned Down Ryan Reynolds’ Initial Pitch for MCU Movie
Forum | 5 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine: Kevin Feige Turned Down Ryan Reynolds’ Initial Pitch for MCU Movie

I
Forum | 1 week ago

I'm Grateful to Big Brother for Making Me A Star – Ilebaye

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 1 week ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel