Oladips: Odumodublvck, Blaqbonez, Idowest, Others Mourn Late Rapper

Forum 5 months ago

Oladips: Odumodublvck, Blaqbonez, Idowest, Others Mourn Late Rapper

Several Nigerian celebrities have come out to react and express sadness over the death of their colleague, Oladipupo Oladimeji, who was also known as Oladips.

Oladips died on Tuesday night, according to his management in a statement shared via his Instagram page on Wednesday.

The management disclosed that Oladips died after battling “within himself” for the past two years.

While mourning Oladips in a video message shared via his Instagram page, Idowest, another musician said there were many of them (Nigerian celebrities) who are also battling depression secretly.

Idowest said, “We are still mourning Mohbad, and now Oladips has joined him. What killed the boy? Depression.

“I’m about to share my own two cents. When Oladips was talking about his struggles, some people said he was chasing clout and now he has died. He is not alone. We plenty wey be say we dey always dey depressed.

“I’ve been sending my music materials to my colleagues to help me share on their social media platforms but they always ignore me. When I die now, they will start posting about me. You all like showing love to the dead.”

Singer Viktoh on his part, berated those who accused Oladips of chasing clout when he was complaining about his ill health on social media.

Speaking in a video message shared via his Instagram page, Viktoh said, “You can’t even retire from being a man for a few seconds to speak about the problems you’re going through without people thinking you’re chasing clout or weak.

“I’ve had my own experience but I thank God for my life. But you all need to check up on people, call people. May God bless the soul of Oladips. It’s really sad.”

An on-air personality and rapper, Nnamdi Nwabasili, aka N6, also made reference to many accusing Oladips of chasing clout while he was battling ill health.

He wrote, “Na why Man no dey Speak out. Shey you all were saying he was clout-chasing not up to 24 hours ago.

RIP OLADIPS.”

Reacting via X (formerly Twitter), rapper Blaqbonez said he was particularly “pained” by Oladips’ demise.

He wrote, “RIP Oladips. This one pained me way too much, way way too much. Someone that was supposed to drop an album tomorrow, now it’d go number 1 and once again the artist won’t get to see it, stupid life.”

Singer veteran Jaywon mourned via X, “Oladips this is too much.”

On his X handle, rapper Chinko Ekun wrote, “Oladips, RIP my beloved!”

Sharing a clip of him paying tribute to Oladips in one of his songs via his X handle, Odumodublvck simply wrote the late rapper’s name in capital letters with a love emoji.

Oladips died at the age of 28. His funeral arrangement is expected to be announced soon, according to his management.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 1 day ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin
Forum | 1 day ago

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many
Forum | 1 day ago

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie