2026 WCQ: Tella delighted to link up with Super Eagles teammates

Forum 5 months ago

2026 WCQ: Tella delighted to link up with Super Eagles teammates

Nathan Tella could not hide his excitement after linking up with his Super Eagles teammates for the first time.

Tella is in Nigeria’s squad for the first time after he was handed an invitation by head coach Jose Peseiro for the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Lesotho and Zimbabwe.

The former Burnley player celebrated his invitation by scoring his first goal for Bayer Leverkusen against Union Berlin last weekend.

The 24-year-old trained with his international teammates for the first time on Tuesday night.

The winger said he is happy with the opportunity to represent Nigeria.

“When I first found out about the call-up, I was really happy. Having that opportunity to represent the country is a massive feeling for me. To get the call-up and then score my first Bundesliga goal for Leverkusen is massive. It’s probably been the best week of my year,” Tella told OmaSports.

“I spoke to Victor, Joe Aribo and Alex Iwobi as well. For me, I’m just looking forward to playing with the best players in the country and what I can learn from all of them, as well as implementing my style of the game and trying to play well. I’m looking forward to it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
 Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 4 days ago

Forum | 4 days ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy