His head is scrambled – Ferdinand on Man Utd star after losing place in Ten Hag’s squad

Forum 7 months ago

His head is scrambled – Ferdinand on Man Utd star after losing place in Ten Hag’s squad

Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand has insisted that Raphael Varane’s head will be ‘scrambled’ over manager Erik ten Hag’s decision to drop him from Manchester United’s starting XI in favour of Jonny Evans.

Varane has long been one of the first names on the Man United team sheet when fit but has dramatically fallen down the pecking order in recent weeks, with Evans, Victor Lindelof and even Harry Maguire all picked ahead of him.

When asked what is going on with the former Real Madrid defender, Ferdinand said on his Vibe with FIVE YouTube show: “We don’t know. If he’s on the bench, you think he must be fit.

“In my mind, when you are on the bench you can play – because you could have to come on in the first minute if someone gets injured.

“So if you are fit enough to travel and get on the bench, you are fit [to play]. So I don’t know what the reason is.

“But I know that Varane is waking up and his head has got scramblers going off it in, because he is thinking: “I have banged out five Champions League medals, I have played an integral part in all of those, I have played with the best players in the world, I have come to Man United and Jonny Evans is starting in front of me!”

“No disrespect [to Jonny Evans]. Regardless of what Evans has done, there is no way Jonny Evans was ever in Varane’s mind. He would never have been thinking about Jonny Evans.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Used to Eat Brains Zombie Movie Lands at Amazon, May Not Actually Star Ryan Gosling
Forum | 3 days ago

I Used to Eat Brains Zombie Movie Lands at Amazon, May Not Actually Star Ryan Gosling

Devon Sawa & Jordana Brewster to Star in Horror Rom-Com Heart Eyes
Forum | 3 days ago

Devon Sawa & Jordana Brewster to Star in Horror Rom-Com Heart Eyes

Andor Season 2 to Bring Back Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Villain
Forum | 3 days ago

Andor Season 2 to Bring Back Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Villain

Carved: Horror Comedy Movie Adds Disney Channel Star as Lead
Forum | 3 days ago

Carved: Horror Comedy Movie Adds Disney Channel Star as Lead