EPL: He cost them two goals – Michael Owen blames Man City star after Chelsea draw

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: He cost them two goals – Michael Owen blames Man City star after Chelsea draw

Former Manchester United striker, Michael Owen, has blamed Ruben Dias for ‘costing’ Manchester City two goals during their Premier League 4-4 draw against Chelsea on Sunday.

Man City were denied a late victory after Rodri’s deflected shot when Cole Palmer scored an injury-time penalty against Pep Guardiola’s side to rescue a point for Chelsea.

The penalty arose after Dias recklessly brought down Chelsea’s Armando Broja in the box, which resulted in a penalty during the encounter.

However, Owen believed that the Portuguese centre-back was particularly to blame and cost his team on more than one occasion.

“Sliding on his backside cost them two goals – the penalty at the end and that [Jackson’s goal],” Owen told Premier League Productions.

“I felt the ball was nowhere near him really and he’s sliding for some reason. If he stays on his feet, he actually gets to the ball before Jackson does.

“Okay, he [Dias] could argue if it’s going in the other corner, he blocks it [by sliding] but he can block it by standing up.

“The goalkeeper should parry it to the side, but he’s in front of him, he’s way in front of Jackson, if he stands on his feet… it is twice he went down and twice he cost them a goal.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Girlfriend: Robin Wright to Star and Direct Prime Video Series
Forum | 2 hours ago

The Girlfriend: Robin Wright to Star and Direct Prime Video Series

Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy
Forum | 8 hours ago

Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd