You Are Old School!’- Arsenal Legend Vieira Mocks Jose Mourinho

Forum 7 years ago

You Are Old School!’- Arsenal Legend Vieira Mocks Jose Mourinho

New York City FC coach, Patrick Vieira has said that Jose Mourinho’s problem at Manchester United, could be his inability to bridge the generation gap.

United are in sixth place in the Premier League after 13 games and already 13 points behind leaders Chelsea.
Vieira, who worked with Mourinho for 18 months at Inter Milan and won the 2008/2009 Serie A title, admits Mourinho inherited a difficult situation.

“It’s very difficult for him,” Vieira told RMC.

“When you arrive in Manchester with the seasons they have had before with [Louis] Van Gaal and [David] Moyes, it’s a bit more difficult. I don’t know if he’s lost the plot.

“I don’t think he’s changed his philosophy or tactics. I think he’s got the same approach, because he’s always about confrontation, he’s the boss.

“Perhaps his players aren’t as receptive, that the generation has completely changed. At Inter, we were quite an experienced group and he handled it well.

“The problem is almost certainly that there is a new generation and the message does not go through as well because there are players who perhaps stand up to him and perhaps aren’t afraid to say what they think. That makes things more difficult.”

Manchester United host Tottenham Hotspur this Sunday at Old Trafford.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce
Forum | 16 hours ago

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith
Forum | 22 hours ago

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

Yul Edochie Mocks AY Makun Over Failed Marriage
Forum | 2 days ago

Yul Edochie Mocks AY Makun Over Failed Marriage