UCL: You’ve lost your legs – Scholes criticizes Man Utd player after Copenhagen loss

Forum 5 months ago

UCL: You’ve lost your legs – Scholes criticizes Man Utd player after Copenhagen loss

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has questioned Raphael Varane on his lack of pace following their 4-3 defeat at FC Copenhagen in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Since he picked up an injury at the end of August, Varane has started only once in the Premier League.

United boss Erik ten Hag has preferred Harry Maguire and Jonny Evans to the 30-year-old.

Although Maguire and Evans started again, Varane was introduced earlier than planned as Evans was forced off early through injury.

“Slightly [surprised by the selection], especially because he brought Varane into the team – Jonny was a free transfer,” Scholes said on TNT Sports.

“I think whichever centre-back he plays, I think they have to play counter-attacking football because none of them are that quick.

“Varane was quick and now, is he losing his legs a little bit? They have to rely on that pace a little bit.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’