Afrobeats Inspires Me – DJ Khaled

Forum 5 months ago

Afrobeats Inspires Me – DJ Khaled

DJ Khaled, the famous American disc jockey and music executive, has revealed that he has “been feeling inspired lately by Afrobeats.”

He said he is finding a similar “spiritual connection” to the one he feels with dancehall.

The ‘Another One’ crooner disclosed this in a recent interview with Rolling Stone.

He said Afrobeats star Burna Boy would be on his upcoming 14th studio album, ‘Til Next Time,’ which will arrive in 2024.

He also said he would like to collaborate with Grammy-winning and Oscar-nominated Nigerian singer Temilade Openiyi, popularly known as Tems.

During the interview, the Palestinian-American music star also disclosed that his parents sometimes joke with him about running for president, but he’s never been interested in that sort of thing.

“As far as politics, I never got into it,” he said. “It’s a never-ending conversation of back and forth. There’s never an answer. I’d rather be the person that focuses on the solution of being good at all times, working hard, and spreading that love because you can do that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many
Forum | 2 days ago

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims
Forum | 6 days ago

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records