EPL: Big loss – Man City suffer fresh injury blow ahead of Chelsea clash

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: Big loss – Man City suffer fresh injury blow ahead of Chelsea clash

Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola, has confirmed that defender John Stones will be out for a while due to a muscular injury ahead of their Premier League tie with Chelsea this weekend.

Recall that Stones sustained the injury during Manchester City’s Champions League win over Young Boys on Tuesday night.

The England defender was replaced by Nathan Ake at half-time of the 3-0 victory over the Swiss club.

Speaking after the game, Guardiola confirmed Stones’ injury is a ‘big loss’ for Man City as he also provided an update on Manuel Akanji.

“Manuel [Akanji] had a problem in the back and when this happens, he is out,” Guardiola told TNT Sports.

“Unfortunately, John [Stones] he is out again. I feel so sorry for him because he’s an incredible professional and committed and he is a big loss for us.

“John is so important with what he does, but yeah, recover, the season is long, and [he] will be back soon.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 2 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag