Torunarigha keen to make Super Eagles AFCON 2023 squad

Forum 5 months ago

Torunarigha keen to make Super Eagles AFCON 2023 squad

KAA Gent defender Jordan Torunarigha is determined to make Nigeria’s squad to the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The centre-back represented Germany at youth level but later switched international allegiance.

The 26-year-old was handed his maiden invitation for Nigeria’s 2023 AFCON qualifier against Sao Tome and Principe in September.

Torunarigha, however, waited until last month before making his debut in the friendly against Mozambique.

With the Super Eagles set to compete in Cote d’Ivoire in January, the player hopes to be selected by head coach Jose Peseiro.

“I’m just doing my best and hoping for a selection. It remains an honor to represent Nigeria,” he told Belgian news outlet, Het Nieuwsblad.

“Nine boys from our team can indeed be called up in January, which is quite a lot. But first we go to Iceland. I’ve never been there before, but I’m not afraid of the temperatures. I often take ice baths”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Super Eagles: Finidi not willing to work with Amokachi, Amuneke
Forum | 1 day ago

Super Eagles: Finidi not willing to work with Amokachi, Amuneke

Super Eagles defender, Ola Aina names toughest player he played against in his career
Forum | 2 days ago

Super Eagles defender, Ola Aina names toughest player he played against in his career

EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season