EPL: Tottenham coach, Ange Postecoglou explains why Chelsea won 4-1

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: Tottenham coach, Ange Postecoglou explains why Chelsea won 4-1

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Ange Postecoglou has explained why his team lost 4-1 against Chelsea in Monday’s Premier League tie.

Postecoglou watched as his team suffered their first defeat of the season against Chelsea at home.

Dejan Kulusevski gave Tottenham an early lead in the 6th minute of the encounter.

But a goal from Cole Palmer and a hat-trick from Nicolas Jackson ensured Mauricio Pochettino’s side defeated Spurs.

Speaking to the Review Show after the game, Postecoglou said that his team started well but failed to maintain the tempo against the visitors.

According to him, there were a lot of happenings and disruptions, adding that Tottenham players gave everything, but unfortunately, it was not enough to give them all three points against Chelsea.

“It’s a hard game to analyse, but in terms of effort, will and determination it was an outstanding effort by the lads,” Postecoglou said.

“I thought we started really well, scored a good goal, then we were inches away from scoring a good second, but it was offside. Then the game got out of control, there was a lot happening that made the game a little bit not within the parameters we want to play.

“It felt like after that there were a lot of disruptions.

“I thought they gave everything they could and, unfortunately, it was not enough.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham