‘Even If I Stop Singing Today, My Name Will Still Be In Afrobeats Hall Of Fame’ – Rema Boasts

Forum 5 months ago

‘Even If I Stop Singing Today, My Name Will Still Be In Afrobeats Hall Of Fame’ – Rema Boasts

Divine Ikubor, the famous Nigerian singer, who is also known as Rema, said he has already done a lot to earn himself a spot in Afrobeats Hall of Fame.

The 23-year-old singer said he isn’t contemplating quitting music anytime soon but if he should stop right now, his name would still to “be on the Afrobeats bible”.

He said if there were an Afrobeats bible, he would be on the front page of the “New Testament.

Rema was on the cover of the fourth edition of The New Wave issue of i-D Magazine.

“I’m not saying I want to stop. But if I say I want to stop right now, my name is still going to be on the Afrobeats bible, if there is an Afrobeats bible to be dropped. I’ll literally be in the New Testament, on the front page,” he said.

The ‘Calm Down’ crooner also recounted how he was mocked because of his Bollywood-soundtrack-themed sound when he hit stardom in 2019.

He said, “Everything they doubted, everything they laughed at me for, I built on it. They called me Indian Boy; I went to India. I’m the first artist to shut down four cities in India, 5000 capacity and above. No one can deny that I’ve impacted Afrobeats on a global scale.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 4 days ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 4 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 6 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring

Stop Avoiding Your Responsibilities By Using DNA Test Excuse – Mary Njoku Tells Men
Forum | 6 days ago

Stop Avoiding Your Responsibilities By Using DNA Test Excuse – Mary Njoku Tells Men