How My Dad Disowned Me Over The Phone – Hilda Baci

Forum 5 months ago

How My Dad Disowned Me Over The Phone – Hilda Baci

Record breaking celebrity chef, Hilda Effiong Bassey aka Hilda Baci has narrated how she was disowned over the telephone by her father.

She made the revelation in an interview on the ‘Tea with Tay’ podcast, hosted by Taymesan.

The Guinness World Record holder said her father, Effiong Bassey Edem had been present in their lives since they were kids but she said that things changed when a huge argument between him and her mother had an impact on the children.

What truly cut deep for her was her father’s abrupt abandonment, particularly when she and her brother were on the brink of completing their university studies.

She couldn’t wrap her head around why he withdrew his support for their education, especially after having funded their academic journey through nursery, secondary school, and the early years of their tertiary education.

Remembering a heart-breaking moment she rang up her father to talk about her school expenses and to her surprise, he picked up and immediately asked her 
“Who’s your daddy?”.

Regrettably, her father never returned as opposed to her initial happy ending moment of both parents settling her rift and coming back to live as a big family.

Hilda went on to share that her father’s abandonment served as a catalyst for her to achieve a remarkable feat.

She said she spearheaded the Guinness World Record cook-a-thon, not only as a personal accomplishment but also as a way to make her father regret his actions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
VeryDarkMan Calls Out Hilda Baci Over Failure To Start Cooking Class After Collecting Payment
Forum | 3 days ago

VeryDarkMan Calls Out Hilda Baci Over Failure To Start Cooking Class After Collecting Payment

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says
Forum | 1 week ago

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says

Daddio Trailer Previews Dakota Johnson & Sean Penn-Led Drama
Forum | 1 week ago

Daddio Trailer Previews Dakota Johnson & Sean Penn-Led Drama

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry
Forum | 1 week ago

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry