EPL: ‘He showed great character’ – Pochettino singles out Chelsea striker after defeat to Brentford

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: ‘He showed great character’ – Pochettino singles out Chelsea striker after defeat to Brentford

Chelsea manager, Mauricio Pochettino, has singled out striker Cole Palmer for praise after his side’s Premier League 2-0 defeat to Brentford on Saturday.

Pochettino said Palmer, who joined Chelsea from Premier League champions Manchester City, showed great character against Brentford.

Waploaded reports that Palmer was unable to save Pochettino’s side as two goals from Ethan Pinnock and Bryan Mbeumo ensured Brentford defeated the Blues at Stamford Bridge.

Speaking at his post-match press conference, Pochettino said: “He [Palmer] showed a great performance, character and personality. It is always about the team, when you don’t win we are disappointed. We were happy with how he arrived as he arrived at the last moment.”

He added, “We create an expectation when you sign a player. If I say I expect I am lying, always feel the player when you have the player, from day one you start to see the talent.”

Palmer will now hope to lead Chelsea to victory when they host Blackburn Rovers in the EFL Cup on Wednesday.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp