Ballon d’Or 2023: I agree – Micah Richards picks player that deserves to win award

Forum 5 months ago

Ballon d’Or 2023: I agree – Micah Richards picks player that deserves to win award

Former Manchester City defender Micah Richards has picked the player who deserves to win the 2023 Ballon d’Or.

Inter Miami’s Lionel Messi, Manchester City’s Erling Halaand and Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe are top contenders for this year’s Ballon d’Or.

The winner of the prestigious individual award will be announced on Monday in Paris, France.

However, Richards believes Messi deserved to take home the award because of his exploit at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Recall that the former Barcelona captain led Argentina to win the World Cup in Qatar last December.

He also won the Golden Ball award for the best player of the tournament.

“Any other year he [Haaland] probably gets it [the Ballon d’Or], but I have to agree with you, Messi, with the pressure he had going into that tournament and deliver not only to score goals but his all-around game,” Richards told CBS Sports Golazo.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne
Forum | 6 days ago

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves