EPL: I was so angry – Pochettino on Chelsea striker throwing a bottle at him

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: I was so angry – Pochettino on Chelsea striker throwing a bottle at him

Chelsea manager, Mauricio Pochettino, has said that he was ‘so angry’ with striker Cole Palmer for throwing a bottle at him.

Waploaded reports that the incident occurred at Stamford Bridge last week as Chelsea threw away a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 against Arsenal in a Premier League tie.

Palmer, who joined Chelsea from Manchester City in the summer, put in an impressive display against the Gunners and scored a goal for Pochettino’s side.

But after Arsenal’s late equaliser, Palmer chucked a bottle towards the dugout and the bottle hit Pochettino.

Speaking at his press conference on Friday ahead of Chelsea’s Premier League match against Brentford on Saturday, Pochettino laughed off the incident.

The former Tottenham Hotspur coach said, “I was so angry (laughs) because I didn’t expect or see when it came.

“When I turned and he was like, ‘Sorry!’ – it was a little unlucky. Good thing that it didn’t damage me!”

Meanwhile, Palmer had since apologised for the incident, saying he said ‘sorry’ to Pochettino ‘properly’ after the game.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 7 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 19 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham