Young Thug’s Music Saved Me From Depression - Shallipopi

Forum 6 months ago

Young Thug’s Music Saved Me From Depression - Shallipopi

Nigerian singer, Shallipopi has revealed how he escaped depression.

According to him, the music of Young Thug, the US rapper, saved him from depression.

In a recent interview on the ‘Is This Seat Taken’ podcast with Chinasa Anukam, Shallipopi recalled how he was in a depressive state at some point in his life due to financial constraints and lack of love.

He said the music of Young Thug, whom he described as his “best artiste” and that of Dablixx Osha, the late Nigerian rapper, helped him through depression.

He added that while he was going through the depressive state, he understood their lyrics better and it saved him.

“I listen to Young Thug, he is like my best artiste. Not only Young Thug, you know Dablixx Osha? The artiste that died like two years ago? I would say they saved me from depression,” he said.

“Because there was a stage in my life when I was depressed, not because of love, o, no, because of love too. Everything was making me depressed. No love, no money… and, you know, you have to be in a certain situation to play a song to understand the lyrics of the song, so like they saved me from that depression stage of my life.”

Shallipopi rose to fame after releasing his first single titled ‘Elon Musk’.

His songs have garnered a positive reception since he gained recognition.

In August, Shallipopi disclosed that he does not write his lyrics but records freestyles in the studio.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party
Forum | 5 days ago

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party

Davido, Shallipopi Caught On Video Spraying Naira Notes Amid EFCC Crackdown
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido, Shallipopi Caught On Video Spraying Naira Notes Amid EFCC Crackdown

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 1 week ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode