Champions League: Copenhagen forward, Achouri reveals warning from Man Utd midfielder

Forum 6 months ago

Champions League: Copenhagen forward, Achouri reveals warning from Man Utd midfielder

FC Copenhagen forward, Elias Achouri has revealed that Manchester United midfielder, Hannibal Mejbri has warned him to ‘not kill Red Devils players’ when the two teams meet in the UEFA Champions League.

Achouri and Hannibal are international teammates with the Tunisia national team.

Manchester United will on Tuesday host Copenhagen at Old Trafford in a Champions League tie.

“It will be a huge moment for me, one of the greatest in my career,’ Achouri told Tipsbladet.

“I need to stay focused and not let it get into my head. I’m professional and I’m going to Old Trafford to help the team and get a great result for the club.

“I told Hannibal that we are going to win the match. I think we are going to exchange shirts after the match because he is my friend. It is going to be a cool moment for both of us.

“I called Hannibal after the draw for the group stages and during the international break we talked about the match as well, so it will be exciting.

“He told me to chill a bit and not kill their players. I told him that I have to or at least give it a try.

“I know him very well from the national team and both of us grew up in France, so we have a really good connection.”

Man United have lost their first two Champions League matches against Bayern Munich and Galatasaray, while Copenhagen have lost one and drawn one.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham