Kanye West Withdraws From US 2024 Presidential Race

Forum 6 months ago

Kanye West Withdraws From US 2024 Presidential Race

Controversial American rapper, Kanye West, has withdrawn interest in running for the 2024 presidential election.

According to Daily Mail, the 46-year-old Grammy award-winning singer made this known on Friday through his personal attorney, Bruce Marks.

Kanye West had, in November 2022, announced his plans to run for the 2024 election following his failed bid in 2020. A source close to Kanye’s 2020 committee echoed Marks’ statement to the outlet, claiming ‘there’s no plan’ to run and that ‘there’s no campaign structure or anything along those lines in place.”

The insider also called the chance of the fickle entertainer changing his mind on a YE24 bid ‘beyond remote’. The October Federal Election Commission filing by Kanye’s political committee, Kanye 2020, also reflects ‘evidence of the decision not to pursue a presidential bid,’ per Rolling Stone.

The committee’s current leadership, as indicated by its treasurer, and their recent expenditure imply a potential winding down of operations. According to the outlet, they currently possess less than $25,000.

In April, Adam Camacho, a filmmaker commissioned by Kanye for a documentary in November 2022, provided insight into Kanye’s potential departure from politics. Camacho informed DailyBeast that Kanye purportedly expressed, 
“At present, I am fully engaged in my personal life – focusing on The Donda Academy, my new spouse, and my children, and that is my sole priority.”

“I just want to be left alone,”
 West reportedly added.

The outlet also quoted an anonymous employee from Kanye’s company as saying at the time, 
“His interests are focused on his children, family, and creative endeavours… Anyone who is representing Ye in any political capacity is a charlatan. There is no political shop.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC
Forum | 14 hours ago

Kwankwaso’s Presidential Ambition in NNPP Mirage — APC's Salihu Lukman

Drake Signed His Soul to the Devil – Kanye West
Forum | 2 days ago

Drake Signed His Soul to the Devil – Kanye West

IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached to Fleeing Kogi ex-Governor Yahaya Bello
Forum | 5 days ago

IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached to Fleeing Kogi ex-Governor Yahaya Bello