Four EPL matches we could see shock results this weekend

Forum 6 months ago

Four EPL matches we could see shock results this weekend

After yet another international break, the Premier League makes its return with fixtures in Game Week 9.

It will be a weekend of derbies.

First, Liverpool welcome Everton in Saturday’s early kick-off, before Arsenal travel to Chelsea in the late kick-off.

The round of fixtures will be closed out with a clash between Tottenham and Fulham on Monday.

But what four matches have the potential to pull off a surprise?

1. Liverpool vs Everton: A glance at this match-up and you’d expect Liverpool to thrash Everton at Anfield. But dismiss Sean Dyche’s men at your peril. The visitors will defend in banks of four and attempt to shut out the Reds, why hoping to get a chance or two to get a goal and a massive result. This could be one to keep an eye on this weekend.

2. Man City vs Brighton: Pep Guardiola must have spent the break hurting. City lost 1-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates, before the players flew out to represent their various countries. This week in training, it would have been no doubt drummed into their ears that they cannot afford a third consecutive league defeat. Rodri will return after his three-game suspension, but you’d still expect Brighton to take the game to City at the Etihad.

3. Sheffield United vs Man Utd: It has indeed been a poor start to this campaign by Erik ten Hag’s men. There is no match this season where they have played convincingly, including the ones they won. United are away to Sheffield United on Saturday and this could turn out to be a tricky affair, as the Bramall Lane side are fighting for their lives.

4. Tottenham vs Fulham: Under Ange Postecoglou, Spurs have looked a different side. All that talk of them struggling without Harry Kane has been put to bed early, as they sit top of the table on goals difference. A home game against Fulham is likely to see them continue their unbeaten start. But a London Derby under the lights could prove to be a cracker.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 8 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag