Okejepha upbeat Rivers United will beat Pillars in Kano

Forum 6 months ago

Okejepha upbeat Rivers United will beat Pillars in Kano

Rivers United midfielder Augustine Okejepha is upbeat on his team’s chances of claiming victory against Kano Pillars.

Okejepha, who was once in the books of Kano Pillars, assured Rivers United supporters of an interesting encounter at the Sani Abacha Stadium on Sunday.

Rivers United have recorded one win, one draw and one defeat from their opening three games in the Nigeria Premier Football League this season.

The team’s unimpressive start has become a thing of worry for the Pride of Rivers management going into this weekend clash.

“I am really happy, coming back to play on the same pitch I had played before, I think it will really be a good game for me and the rest of the team. We are going to play and give our best,” he told the club’s media.

“The game is very important for us. We really need the points because the last game we played at home we drew and we are not happy, our management is not happy about that, so we just need to go out there and show them that we can do it again and take the three points back to Port Harcourt.

“We are one hundred percent prepared psychologically. We know the fans of Kano State, they will all come out fully because they love football. So they will come out to watch. Who plays better they will support the team and I believe we are going to take the day by the grace of God.”

Rivers United are currently ninth on the NPFL table.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
We’ve Traced N51.3bn Misappropriated by Ganduje – Kano Anti-graft Agency
Forum | 5 days ago

We’ve Traced N51.3bn Misappropriated by Ganduje – Kano Anti-graft Agency

Kano Poly postpones 1st/3rd semester examination
Forum | 6 days ago

Kano Poly postpones 1st/3rd semester examination

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

Drama As Police Nab Eight For Attempting To Disrupt Inauguration Of Kano Commissioners
Forum | 1 week ago

Drama As Police Nab Eight For Attempting To Disrupt Inauguration Of Kano Commissioners