Uzoho issues public apology over Snapchat reaction

Forum 6 months ago

Uzoho issues public apology over Snapchat reaction

Super Eagles goalkeeper Francis Uzoho has penned an apology letter following his reaction to the criticisms that trailed his performance in the team’s friendlies against Saudi Arabia and Mozambique.

Uzoho was widely criticised for his poor showing in both games.

The Omonia Nicosia goalie diverted a cross into his own net against Saudi Arabia. He also conceded a cheap goal in the 3-2 victory against the Mambas of Mozambique.

The 24-year-old posted a picture on Snapchat in a bid to silence his critics, tagging it “do it if it’s easy.”

The glovesman has apologised for his action and confessed he overreacted.

“It has come to my attention that my recent Snapchat has not been my best behaviour towards you all as my loyal fans. I apologise for this as it was not my intention to conduct myself in such a manner towards the fans who have supported and motivated me throughout my career,” Uzoho posted on X.

Accepting criticism is part of my job and one that I often welcome from people who continue to support me. I accept your criticisms with the utmost respect and understanding that you all want me to do better.

“I want you all to know that I continue to grow daily as a person and in my career and you all are a vital part of my growth and success. My actions are aimed to reflect this and will continue to do so.”

Uzoho has conceded cheap goals in recent outings for the Super Eagles.

The former Deportivo La Coruna shot stopper will be hoping to put up a better showing in Nigeria’s 2026 World Cup qualifiers next month.

The Super Eagles will take on the Crocodiles of Lesotho and Warriors of Zimbabwe next month.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 1 day ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

“Distance is my new response to disrespect” – Mabel Makun says following husband, AY’s reaction to their split rumors
Forum | 2 weeks ago

“Distance is my new response to disrespect” – Mabel Makun says following husband, AY’s reaction to their split rumors

April Fools: Tender Apology Within 48 Hours Or Face Legal Action - Davido Tells Kenya’s K24 TV
Forum | 3 weeks ago

April Fools: Tender Apology Within 48 Hours Or Face Legal Action - Davido Tells Kenya’s K24 TV

Court Issues Criminal Summons on Five Persons For Defamation Of Mercy Chinwo As Pastor Blessed Takes Legal Action
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Court Issues Criminal Summons on Five Persons For Defamation Of Mercy Chinwo As Pastor Blessed Takes Legal Action