How Playing Gay Role Boosted My Career – Nollywood Actor

Forum 6 months ago

How Playing Gay Role Boosted My Career – Nollywood Actor

Fast rising Nollywood actor, Iremide Adeoye has opened up about his growth in Nollywood so far.

Adeoye revealed that playing gay roles boosted his career.

He spoke during an interview with Premium Times.

The 26-year-old actor and digital content creator recounted how his gay role boosted his career, adding that people resonated with the character way more than he expected.

He added that, he was surprised at the overwhelming reception of his character.

Iremide said; “When the audience can relate with the character, that’s great news for me. People have come to resonate more with the character, way more than I expected, and that is the joy for me as an actor when the audience can relate with the surface; that’s great news for me.

“Acting as a queer character in Nollywood as Lolu Adeleke. It has been the biggest queer representation in Nollywood on that scale, and it feels great to be one of the performers of something like that. I was expecting some backlash, of course, because acting a queer character in a homophobic country, you don’t know what to expect.

“Still, you know what to expect, but so far, so good; despite the bad and negative sides I have seen, I feel like the love has overshadowed the bad side. For me, I don’t want to focus on the negativity that comes from playing that character; the love and the people that do appreciate the work that I do is what I pay my attention to.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

From Nollywood to iGaming: The Expanding Landscape of Digital Entertainment
Forum | 2 days ago

From Nollywood to iGaming: The Expanding Landscape of Digital Entertainment

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others
Forum | 4 days ago

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others