Chelsea vs Arsenal: Pat Nevin names players to decide Premier League clash

Forum 6 months ago

Chelsea vs Arsenal: Pat Nevin names players to decide Premier League clash

Former Scotland international Pat Nevin has identified Declan Rice or Enzo Fernandez as the player to decide the upcoming Premier League clash between Arsenal and Chelsea.

Nevin, a former Chelsea player, also believes the encounter against Arsenal will be manager Mauricio Pochettino and his team’s toughest test so far this season.

Chelsea will on Saturday evening host Arsenal in a Premier League London derby at Stamford Bridge.

Speaking to BBC Sport, Nevin said, “This is the best test so far for Mauricio Pochettino’s new Blues against a bona fide top side. Chelsea’s young and expensive side haven’t picked up as many points as they would have wanted, needed or indeed expected.

“For their part Arsenal are in great shape, joint top of the league having just beaten the Champions Manchester City. They can also take heart from the statistics, having only lost one and drawn one of the last eight meetings against Chelsea.”

He added, “I am looking forward to being at the game and seeing how Chelsea old boys Kai Havertz and Jorginho fare but the crucial battle should be for central midfield dominance.

“Declan Rice and Enzo Fernandez might not be directly up against each other all the time, but whoever shines brightest between those two could help control and decide the game.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash