Man Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Defiling Employer's 9-year-old Daughter

Forum 6 months ago

Man Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Defiling Employer's 9-year-old Daughter

An apprentice, Godwin Ogboniya, has been sentenced to life imprisonment by the Lagos State Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Court in Ikeja, for having unlawful carnal knowledge of his employer’s 9-year-old daughter.

Delivering judgment in the case on Monday, October 16, Justice Soladoye handed down the verdict after she found Ogboniya guilty of the one-count charge of s3xual assault by pen*tration brought against him by the state government.

The prosecution, Ms Abimbola Abolade, had told the court during thee trial that the convict committed the offence between 2019 and 2021 at Ogbewi Street, Cele Egbe in Ikotun, Lagos. Abolade also informed the court that the father of the victim reported the case to the police, after the survivor summoned courage to narrate her ordeal to him. During the trial, four witnesses were invited to testify while the convict testified as sole witness.

In her judgment, Justice Soladoye held that the prosecution successfully proved beyond reasonable doubts the elements of the crime against Ogboniya. The judge also held that the defendant, who had been living with the survivor’s father for three years, was an “unkind and unworthy employee who embarked on s3xual frolicking with the nine-year old girl.”

The judge said the defendant’s testimony that the survivor’s mother tried to seduce him, was self-serving and his denial was an afterthought which did not hold water.

“The nine-year-old girl recognised the defendant in the dock as the man who s3xually assaulted her on several occasions when her parents were not at home. The survivor said and I quote ‘he helps my daddy when nobody is around, carries me to the toilet and asks me to pee, takes me back to the parlour, puts his finger in my bumbum and also puts his p3nis in my v*gina’.

Upon careful review of the evidence adduced before this court both oral and documentary, the survivor’s testimony was lucidly corroborated with other prosecution witnesses which were very compelling.

The investigative police officer, through whom the medical report was tendered, was very detailed, upright and diligent in her testimony.

This defendant, haven found guilty as charged, pene8rating the v*gina of the young victim, is hereby sentenced to life imprisonment.’’ the judge ruled

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 2 days ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother
Forum | 2 days ago

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 2 days ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest