Southampton star Tella reveals why he wants to play for Nigeria

Forum 6 months ago

Southampton star Tella reveals why he wants to play for Nigeria

Bayer Leverkusen winger, Nathan Tella has revealed why he is keen to play for the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

Tella was born in London to Nigerian parents.

The 25-year-old is also eligible to represent England but instead has chosen to wear the green and white colour of Nigeria.

In a recent interview with Bayer Leverkusen’s official website, the former Burnley player revealed his ambition to play for the Super Eagles.

Tella further explained his decision in an interview with OmaSports.

“I feel like it’s always been a big part of my life. I was born in London and I’ve been in England all my life, but at the same time my parents and grandparents are Nigerian, so I feel like it’s the bright route to go down so I wanna do something that makes my family proud as well.”

The versatile winger, who joined Bayer Leverkusen from Sky Bet Championship club, Southampton this summer also spoke highly about the Super Eagles.

“It’s a very talented national team, but I’ve always liked a challenge myself. The reason I’m here is to push myself and challenge myself. I wanted to play with better players, and with the national team, you’re playing with the best players in the country.

” By all means, I want to get to know them, play with them, learn from them and then get the opportunity to improve,” Tella said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BLord Shares Grass-to-Grace Journey, Reveals Net Worth
Forum | 1 day ago

BLord Shares Grass-to-Grace Journey, Reveals Net Worth

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return
Forum | 2 days ago

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return

Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit
Forum | 2 days ago

Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit