EPL: Rio Ferdinand snubs Ronaldo, names best finisher at Man Utd

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand snubs Ronaldo, names best finisher at Man Utd

Former Manchester defender, Rio Ferdinand, snubbed Cristiano Ronaldo when asked to pick the best finisher at the club.

In a recent interview with Man United’s official website, Ferdinand was asked to choose the best finisher he played with at the Red Devils.

The former England international, who played with the likes of Ronaldo, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunnar Solskjær and Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford, said: “Ruud for me. I think all the other strikers (he’s played with) would agree with that, as well.

“Ole is up there, he was a thinking finisher. His finishes were always calm and he was great at instinctive things, but I have to go with Ruud.

“He was clinical and the most ruthless finisher I have played with.”

Van Nistelrooy is often regarded as one of the deadliest strikers to ever play in the English Premier League.

In 219 appearances for Man United, Van Nistelrooy scored 150 goals for the Premier League giants.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 59 mins ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 1 hour ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag