EPL: It will make headlines – Thierry Henry on possibility of becoming Arsenal’s manager

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: It will make headlines – Thierry Henry on possibility of becoming Arsenal’s manager

Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry has given a reserved response after he was asked if he would like to become the club’s manager in the future, insisting he has too much respect for current head coach, Mikel Arteta.

Henry, one of the best players in Arsenal history, scored 228 goals and provided 103 assists across 377 games for the Premier League North London club.

The Frenchman helped the Gunners to win two Premier League titles and two FA Cups during his time at Emirates.

Given his long association with Arsenal, some have tipped him to one day become manager of the club, especially given that he has already stepped into coaching.

Henry, who has had two spells as an assistant coach for Belgium’s national team, will lead the French Olympic team at the 2024 Games.

The 46-year-old retired footballer has also previously worked as manager of French Ligue 1 club Monaco and Major League Soccer club Montreal Impact in the past.

Speaking on The Rest is Football podcast on Friday, Henry was quizzed by former Manchester City defender Micah Richards if he could ever see himself taking over at Arsenal.

The Barcelona striker responded, “It will make headlines. One time, I was stupid enough to say it’s the dream of any fan. They said Thierry Henry wants to be the manager of Arsenal.

“Otherwise, Mikel will be asked, ‘Thierry Henry said…’ – you don’t need this type of question in a press conference. We don’t need to do that!”

Henry added: “Whatever level it is, for me, improving players is what I love the most.

“People will say, ‘Oh, yeah, great, amazing…’ – but I swear, I remember more the coaches who made me smarter than the ones who made me win.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

EPL: They won’t win their last three matches – Adebayor predicts title winners
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They won’t win their last three matches – Adebayor predicts title winners

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea