Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold names toughest player he ever faced

Forum 6 months ago

Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold names toughest player he ever faced

Liverpool defender, Trent Alexander-Arnold has revealed the toughest opponent he’s faced in his glistering career so far.

Alexander-Arnold has become known for his terrific attacking output from full-back over the years.

Speaking to the Liverpool YouTube channel, Alexander-Arnold said former Manchester City star, Brandon Barker was the hardest player he has ever faced, adding that the forward is quick.

The 25-year-old said: “I would say Brandon Barker, played for [Manchester] City.

“I was 18, playing for the Under-21s, first ever time at Anfield, got beat 3-0. He scored two and got an assist. I came off at 60 [minutes].

“Still to this day, he’s the opponent I think that just destroyed me, man. I’ve never had it like that before.

“At that point, I’m thinking “this kid is going to be the best player in the world”. Because I’d never seen someone move so quickly and sharp and effectively, so I’d say Brandon Barker.”

Barker came through the Manchester City academy before leaving the Premier League champions to join Scottish giants Rangers in 2019 after loan spells at Rotherham, Hibernian and Preston.

The 27-year-old, who is currently a free agent, also played for Reading and Omonia.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career