Real Madrid on verge of announcing Vinicius Junior contract extension

Forum 6 months ago

Real Madrid on verge of announcing Vinicius Junior contract extension

Real Madrid are gearing up to announce Vinicius Junior's new long-term contract, 90min understands.

The 23-year-old has been with Real Madrid since he was 18, joining from Flamengo back in 2018, and has established himself as one of the world's top forwards since arriving.

Vinicius's current deal is due to expire at the end of this season, but talks have been ongoing over a new contract for much of this year and terms were agreed in principle in the summer.

Further details needed to be finalised and 90min understands everything is now in place. The club hope to announce the deal before their next game in La Liga against Sevilla on October 21.

90min understands that Vinicius's new deal will now run until 2027. It will also a feature a release clause worth €1bn - perhaps fitting given the new deal is set to make him the highest paid player at the club.

Real Madrid have never been overly concerned about Vinicius's future as the player is happy in the Spanish capital and is pleased with how the club have stood by him since he arrived at the club.

Vinicius recently underlined just how happy he was with life in Madrid when he told the club's TV channel: "It is always an honour the affection I receive from these fans and the one I have for them. I am very happy to play here and I want to continue playing here for the rest of my life."

The Brazil international has already played 232 games for Real Madrid, scoring 62 goals and winning nine trophies.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
It
Forum | 2 days ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning

NOUN notice on extension of courses and examination registration for 2024_1 semester
Forum | 3 days ago

NOUN notice on extension of courses and examination registration for 2024_1 semester

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others
Forum | 5 days ago

Nollywood Community Holds Candlelight Service for Junior Pope, Others

AGN Announces 4-day Prayer And Fasting After Death Of Junior Pope, Mr Ibu, Others
Forum | 5 days ago

AGN Announces 4-day Prayer And Fasting After Death Of Junior Pope, Mr Ibu, Others