EPL: They made huge mistake signing him – Chris Sutton on Man Utd star

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: They made huge mistake signing him – Chris Sutton on Man Utd star

Former Chelsea star, Chris Sutton, has insisted that Manchester United have made a huge mistake by signing goalkeeper Andre Onana from Inter Milan in the summer.

Sutton believes the Cameroonian international is not good enough to play for Man United, adding that the Red Devils would have been far better off sticking with David de Gea.

Speaking on Mail Sport’s It’s All Kicking Off podcast, Sutton claimed Onana is putting pressure on the entire Man United team after making a string of high-profile errors.

“In truth, I had to look his name up,” Sutton said.

“We have had this great debate about Arsenal having two excellent goalkeepers. I think Onana is OK with his feet but you have eventually got to use your hands and I don’t think he’s good enough.

“When you watch Match of the Day, people like to strip goals back and say ‘there was a mistake in midfield, a misplaced pass, [Victor] Lindelof could have done better…’

“The bottom line is, over the years, Manchester United have had great goalkeepers – Peter Schmeichel, even David de Gea.

“De Gea was a far better goalkeeper than Onana, but if Onana just does his job – and it wasn’t a difficult save to make – then there’s not an issue.

“I think he is bringing increased pressure on the whole team and the truth is he is not good enough for Manchester United and they have made a major risk [mistake] getting him in.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 11 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 19 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 21 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert