Tragedy As 2-year-old Boy Drowns In Neighbour's Pool After Wandering Outside While His Mom Was Sleeping

Forum 6 months ago

Tragedy As 2-year-old Boy Drowns In Neighbour's Pool After Wandering Outside While His Mom Was Sleeping

A 2-year-old boy, Marcus Anthony Hall, has been confirmed dead after he drowned in a neighbour’s pool in Ohio, US.

According to police officials, the little boy left the house while his mother was asleep on October 4. He was later found at the bottom of his neighbour's pool and taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Police were called to the area, just an hour before the boy was found for a child left unattended. They told the boy's mother to be more careful.

The boy's father said he'd remember Marcus Anthony Hall also known as Mar Mar - by his smile.

'He was a cool little dude,' the child’s father, Anthony Hall, said of his two-year-old son, who had just celebrated his birthday in July.

On Tuesday, October 3, Hall was at work while Marcus and his four-year-old brother were home alone with their mother.

He said the children went outside their Oregon, Ohio, home while their mom was asleep.

At 10.34am, a neighbour spotted one of the boys and called 911, telling dispatchers: 'There’s a baby outside in just a diaper chasing a dog. There’s no adults.'

An officer arrived and told the mother to be more careful. He recommended that she consider installing safety devices.

At 11.27am - less than an hour later - Oregon police received a second call from the mother.

'I got woken up to the cops over here knocking on my door because they said that kids were running around outside, so when I woke up, only my 4-year-old here,' she said.

'So your two-year-old is missing? the dispatcher asked.

'Yeah,' the woman replied.

Police Officers returned to the scene and found the two-year-old drowning in the neighbour’s pool.

Marcus drowned in a white above-ground pool with a small ladder. While the yard was fenced in, the pool itself did not have a fence around it.

A complaint was filed with the city, as every private swimming pool must be enclosed by a fence under Ohio state law. It is currently unclear if charges have been filed against the mom or the neighbour to date.

Children Services is investigating the circumstances surrounding the boy's death, police said.

A funeral service is set for October 10.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
TASU notice to final year students on issuance of final year clearance, 2022/2023
Forum | 7 hours ago

TASU notice to final year students on issuance of final year clearance, 2022/2023

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 1 day ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Newborn Baby Drowns Inside A Well In Kano
Forum | 3 days ago

Newborn Baby Drowns Inside A Well In Kano

Moment Police Officer Arrested His Twin Brother In US
Forum | 3 days ago

Moment Police Officer Arrested His Twin Brother In US