David Beckham hints at preferred Man Utd bidder to take over from Glazers

Forum 6 months ago

David Beckham hints at preferred Man Utd bidder to take over from Glazers

Manchester United legend David Beckham has stated he 'knows the right people' to take control of the club from the Glazer family.

The Glazers announced last year they would be willing to consider 'strategic alternatives' to their current ownership, which included a partial or full takeover of the club.

Qatari banker Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani and INEOS founder Sir Jim Ratcliffe made final bids to buy United from the Glazers earlier this year but neither party has heard back from the American family about whether they will be accepted.

90min reported last week that Ratcliffe was exploring the option of purchasing a minority stake in United instead. Prior to Saturday's 2-1 win against Brentford, United supporters protested against the Glazers once again and demanded a full sale.

Beckham was asked by Sky Sports for his thoughts on the takeover process while attending this weekend's Formula 1 Qatari Grand Prix.

"We are one of the, if not the biggest club in the world. We want stability. I think that's the most important thing." he said.

When quizzed on Sheikh Jassim's bid, Beckham - who was also an ambassador for the controversial 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar - replied: "We all have our favourites of who we feel needs to run the club and look after the club to take it back to where it belongs.

"In our eyes, in the fans eyes, we are number one. We want to be back at the top and I believe I know the right people to do that so we'll see!"

Finally, Beckham also expressed sympathy for manager Erik ten Hag following United's poor start to the 2023/24 season, losing six of their opening 11 games so far but explaining that the off-field noise must be a hinderance.

"Let's see. He's a good coach. It is a difficult time at the moment but there's a lot of noise around the club at the moment. It can't be easy for him." Beckham continued.

"We all want that noise to go away. We all want a decision to be made for the club, for the fans, for the players and for the managers."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’