EPL: I love players with courage – Arteta hails Arsenal duo after win over Man City

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: I love players with courage – Arteta hails Arsenal duo after win over Man City

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has hailed two of his players following his side’s Premier League win over Manchester City on Sunday.

The two players are goalkeeper David Raya and attacker Gabriel Martinelli.

Arteta watched as a second-half late goal from Martinelli gave the Gunners all three points against Pep Guardiola’s side at Emirates Stadium.

Speaking to Sky Sports (transcribed by the BBC), he said: “[Raya] was excellent. The way he controlled the ball, how dominant he was and how high he played. I love players with courage and David certainly has big ones.”

On Martinelli, Arteta added: “Another player with big ones too. The physios were not having it and he said, ‘I am ready to go’. [Leandro Trossard] got injured and I looked at him and he was already ready to go.”

Arsenal will face Chelsea in their next Premier League tie after the international break.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 18 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 1 day ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd