EPL: Arsenal’s Oleksandr Zinchenko responds to criticism from Keown, Owen

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: Arsenal’s Oleksandr Zinchenko responds to criticism from Keown, Owen

Arsenal ace Oleksandr Zinchenko has responded to criticism after former Premier League stars Martin Keown and Michael Owen slammed him.

Both Keown and Owen had singled out Zinchenko for blame following Arsenal’s recent UEFA Champions League defeat to RC Lens, with the latter describing him as “sluggish.”

However, when asked how he deals with criticism from various pundits, Zinchenko, who moved to Arsenal from Manchester City, told Sky Sports: “I don’t have Twitter and I don’t read it at all. I just have Instagram, but I am not reading the comments. I have a massive respect for former players; they have been in these positions. But honestly, if I am going to react to every single opinion, I would have no time for my family.

“We have our schedule and we travel a lot, so I am not trying to pay attention to this at all. I have my manager, coaching staff, family, and players; with them, I am listening a lot and we can have conversations from there.

“But when I have a bad performance or make some mistakes, I already know it on the pitch. When it is something tactical, we have amazing staff. They can come any time, at lunchtime or something, with a laptop and show me some things.”

He added: “I said to Rio [Ferdinand] the other day, it means a lot when these big names, legends, talk about you. It means I am on the right way, even if they are talking badly about you. I am so easy about that, honestly.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp