Jurgen Klopp reveals injury setback for Liverpool star

Forum 6 months ago

Jurgen Klopp reveals injury setback for Liverpool star

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has revealed that midfielder Thiago Alcantara has suffered a second setback in his attempts to recover from a hip injury.

Thiago underwent surgery on a hip problem back in May and had hoped to return to action in September before being removed from training after a minor fitness complication.

Still yet to make his first appearance of the current season, Thiago will have to remain patient after picking up another injury which will extend his stay on the sidelines.

"It’s just, for him especially, it's annoying," Klopp revealed. "He's now had two setbacks in the rehab. Not massive but enough to take him off the pitch again.

"Obviously not the same injury, not at all, but a bit similar."

Thiago faces an uncertain future at Liverpool after entering the final year of his contract, with club officials divided over whether to offer an extension to the 32-year-old.

Klopp also remains without another Spanish midfielder, 18-year-old Stefan Bajcetic, who is back on the treatment table after picking up another injury.

"He was there, played a few minutes, and then felt something else," Klopp said of Bajcetic.

"That’s how it is after long-term injuries from time-to-time. If they will be back after international break, we will see. Hopefully, would be cool."

Liverpool will travel to Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday as they seek to get back to winning ways following the controversial 2-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur, which left Klopp's side fourth in the Premier League table.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 20 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race