Erik ten Hag makes Man Utd squad demand over poor form

Forum 6 months ago

Erik ten Hag makes Man Utd squad demand over poor form

Erik ten Hag has challenged his Manchester United players to fight alongside one another as they seek to bring an end to their miserable run of form this season.

The Dutchman is under immense pressure after United lost six of their first ten games in all competitions this year, and defeat at home to Brentford on Saturday would see the Red Devils record their third successive home loss for the first time since February 1979.

"We are in a bad place, but then you have to fight," Ten Hag told his players. "Everyone has to realise that we are there and that you have to fight together and be on one page in every occasion."

Despite the turbulent start to the season, Ten Hag insisted he is more energised than ever as he seeks to turn things around for United.

"It’s patience and a cool head," Ten Hag insisted, "but we stick together and focus on what it is about and that is the way of play.

"I knew there would be gaps and setbacks. In this club, it is probably coming more but that is understandable. As I said, focus on the things that it is about and that is football, nothing else.

"I am responsible for having the right mentality. In my communication, my demands and my standards in what I demand from the players. I have to set that and make sure the right mentality is there. I give my 100% effort every day to get that in.

"The fans are backing us. The fans are behind us, that is what I feel. I am sure these players can be mentally very strong. I have the experience from last season where there were many games where they were mentally strong.

"We have to deal with it. The only way we can do that is through the players together with the manager and the coaching staff. We are in the demand, so don’t think about what’s going around in the surrounding environment. Focus on what it is about, and that is to be a good team, so the foundation is the way of play. When you follow that, you will have a foundation and win games

"We know we are still in transition as a club but in the meantime, we know we have to win every game. We don’t walk away from that, not this team, not these coaches and not this manager. No, definitely not.

"We have to win every game, and that is the approach and will be the approach to every game."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

FUNAI extends sales of PG form deadline, 2023/2024
Forum | 2 days ago

FUNAI extends sales of PG form deadline, 2023/2024

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd