EPL: Pochettino confirms players included in Chelsea squad to face Burnley

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: Pochettino confirms players included in Chelsea squad to face Burnley

Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed that Moises Caicedo and Mykhailo Mudryk are included in his side’s squad to face Burnley in a Premier League tie this weekend.

Pochettino disclosed that Romeo Lavia will not feature in Chelsea’s clash against Burnley at Turf Moor on Saturday.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Friday, the Argentine also provided the latest update on Carney Chukwuemeka, Ben Chilwell, and Reece James.

“[Caicdeo and Mudryk are] both in the squad [to face Burnley]. We will decide later whether they have a chance for the start,” Pochettino said.

“[Chukwuemeka] was close to joining us last week. This week he has trained well, [but] I still have not decided. I need to check with the medical staff as I’m straight from the training pitch and 30 minutes late to the press conference. I am sorry for that.

“[Lavia] is still not running. After the international break, he is not going to be ready.”

He added: “It is difficult. I am not a doctor. It is about judging day-by-day; we cannot say the period he [Chilwell] will be out.

“He [James] was training with the group. It is a shame he is banned for tomorrow but we are really happy with the way he is recovering.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title

EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate
Forum | 2 hours ago

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate