EPL: Ferdinand backs Chelsea defender to become important player for England

Forum 7 months ago

EPL: Ferdinand backs Chelsea defender to become important player for England

Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand has backed Chelsea defender Levi Colwill to become an important player with the England national team in the near future.

Ferdinand said Colwil has everything as a complete footballer, adding that his mindset is strong.

Colwill has earned a consistent starting berth under Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino this season at Stamford Bridge.

The 20-year-old has impressed with consistent performances, helping Pochettino’s side keep four clean sheets.

Colwil has registered one assist in nine games across competitions, including the Premier League for the Blues.

“I see him as the England centre-half in waiting because I think he’s got everything,” Ferdinand said (via football.london).

“I saw him at Brighton, composure, asked to play a different way, adapted straight away. As long as he stays on it, his mindset stays strong, works at his game still, I think he’s got a huge opportunity.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo