I Grew Up Looking Up To Nigerian Rappers – South African Rapper, Nasty C

Forum 6 months ago

I Grew Up Looking Up To Nigerian Rappers – South African Rapper, Nasty C

Popular South African rapper, Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo, aka Nasty C, has disclosed that he was inspired by many African rappers growing up.

He listed rappers such as M.I Abaga, Phyno, Olamide and even Sarkodie.

He also said he drew inspiration from rap artists in his home country, such as the late AKA and Cassper Nyovest.

The 26-year-old disclosed this in a podcast interview with Afrozons.

He said, “My pioneers for hip-hop in Africa in no order are M.I, Sakordie, Olamide, Phyno, AKA, Cassper [Nyovest], Naeto C… There’s so many.”

The 'Easy' crooner is regarded as one of the most commercially successful rappers on the continent.

He has collaborated with several Nigerian artists, including Burna Boy, Runtown and Davido.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 1 day ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien
Forum | 2 days ago

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 3 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 4 days ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024