EPL: Zlatan Ibrahimovic questions Ten Hag over treatment of Man Utd top players

Forum 6 months ago

EPL: Zlatan Ibrahimovic questions Ten Hag over treatment of Man Utd top players

Former Manchester United striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has questioned manager Erik ten Hag’s treatment of high-profile players.

The former Sweden international is also not convinced Ten Hag is the right man to lead Man United.

Ten Hag has tried to implement a more disciplined culture at Man United since taking over the reins, releasing Cristiano Ronaldo after he criticised the club publicly and ostracising Jadon Sancho after the England winger claimed his manager was making him a scapegoat.

In an interview with Piers Morgan for his TalkTV show, relayed by The Sun, Ibrahimovic said: “Coming from Ajax to United as he did is a big difference — I have been in both clubs.

“You have a different kind of discipline. Ajax is a talented club. They have the best talents in the club. They don’t have big stars.

“What is the experience of this coach? Young talents, he comes to United, it is a different mentality.

“The players there are supposed to be big stars. I don’t think you give the same treatment.”

He added, “Then obviously what happened with Jadon Sancho and Cristiano Ronaldo, I don’t know.

“When things are good, there are still errors and problems, but you don’t see it because we are winning.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 8 mins ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 13 mins ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 17 mins ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 20 mins ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag