Why I Wanted to Bleach My Skin After Moving To Canada – Actress Linda Osifo

Forum 6 months ago

Why I Wanted to Bleach My Skin After Moving To Canada – Actress Linda Osifo

Nigerian actress, Linda Osifo has opened up on what made her contemplate bleaching her skin.

According to her, when she visited Canada, she considered whitening her skin due to racism.

The ebony actress, who was brought up in Canada after leaving Benin City, Nigeria, when she was 16, said the racism she faced there disturbed her.

She spoke in a recent interview with media personality Chude Jideonwo.

She wrote:

“You talked about wanting to bleach your skin because when you grow up people would call me a monkey (sic). [Did] this literally happen?”

Linda Osifo Osifo replied: “Yeah. It happens absolutely. And it happens from your shade too, you know. So, that’s why it’s even more of a weird thing.

“I always feel that those who get bullied, don’t get bullied by outsiders. It’s from within. Because if somebody else says it, you may not care but if somebody who is around you, who you are always kinda seeing every other day says it, it hurts more.

“This was when I was a teenager in Canada. The positive aspect of moving [back] to Nigeria, was seeing more of individuals who look just like me.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia
Forum | 1 day ago

NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 2 days ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues