How My Spiritual Son Snatched My Wife - Prophet Cries Out In Court (Photo)

Forum 6 months ago

How My Spiritual Son Snatched My Wife - Prophet Cries Out In Court (Photo)

Prophet Theophilus Ayodeji Obayan has told a Grade ‘A’ Customary Court how a married church worker snatched his wife.

Obayan who is the founder of Divine Prophetic Solutions Prayers Ministry also accused the worker of marrying his wife unlawfully.

Prophet Obayan had dragged his estranged wife, Prophetess Chibuzor Lilian Obayan, to court to reclaim the paternity of his four children and the dissolution of his 23-year-old marriage.

Obayan is also asking the court if failure to pay a bride price to his wife’s family would lead him to forfeit his four children to his estranged wife.

He told the court that his wife hails from Abia State and that his wife changed the surname of his children to the name of her new husband, Prince Abua Obi.

Prophet Obayan said Obi used to call him ‘daddy’ and his wife ‘mummy’.

Speaking at the conclusion of the hearing of the petition, Prophet Obayan urged the court to dissolve his marriage and grant him custody of his four children.

He said: “My wife and I have a ministry in Lagos with a large congregation. But at present, she is married to Prince Abua Obi, a junior worker in our church where both of us led as shepherds.

“My lord, Prince Abua Obi is legally married with children. He and his wife are both workers in our ministry.

“The couple used to revere us, such that they call my wife and I, daddy and mummy.

“But to my surprise, my wife started an illicit affair with the man and she is married to him now. She re-registered the Church in 2019 and even changed my children’s surname to Obi.

“My wife went ahead to change the name of the church we co-founded from Divine Prophetic Solutions Prayers Ministry to Peace of Jerusalem Revival Ministry in the same location.

“I have run to God and the court to seek justice on this matter. Let her leave me, but she should not take my children away from me.”

His wife, who spoke through her lawyer, B. Odudu, reminded the court that the six witnesses who testified for her corroborated their testimonies that there was no marriage between the petitioner and the respondent.

She said the plaintiff lacked the five elements of customary marriage in Ibo land.

“In Ibo land, it is their custom that if the bride price has not been paid in any relationship, they don’t see the man as husband and father of his children.

“Treaty, the concept of parental agreement, handing over of bride and payment of bride price were not in the relationship.”

Presiding Magistrate Segun Stephen Rotiba, adjourned the case till October 10, for judgment.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 22 hours ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday