Jurgen Klopp happy with 'good news' of Liverpool investment

Forum 6 months ago

Jurgen Klopp happy with 'good news' of Liverpool investment

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has admitted the sale of a minority stake in the club to Dynasty Equity is "good news" for everyone involved.

Having long expressed a willingness to listen to offers for a stake in the club, owners FSG have struck a deal with Dynasty Equity which is understood to be worth anywhere up to £164m.

Klopp does not expect to see much of that money invested in his playing squad but admitted Liverpool are busy behind the scenes on projects which will benefit from additional funding.

"It's already invested. Absolutely. That's how it is," he told Friday's press conference. "I can understand, money in football is always about spending. I get that. I'm part of it as well in moments, I want to spend money as well.

"But in this moment, we are now building a new stand, which will improve the best atmosphere in the world. Then we built another stand, the Main Stand, we built the training ground, we bought Melwood back, did a lot of stuff which keeps the club in a healthy state for a long, long time. And so if somebody comes and helps us to do so, that is absolutely great.

"It's not that we need a budget now for £200m that we can spend for the team, but the better place we are in, the more we can spend anyway.

"We are in a year when we don't play Champions League, which we all know is a massive financial blow for a football club, but invested anyway, improved the team anyway in the summer, which is difficult but possible.

"So, yeah. It's good news, it's just good news. It was money which will be well used, let me say it like that."

Upon confirmation of the deal, Liverpool confirmed the money raised would go towards repaying debts racked up from their various contruction projects as well as their summer transfer business.

The Reds signed Dominik Szoboszlai, Alexis Mac Allister, Ryan Gravenberch and Wataru Endo for close to £150m this summer, bringing in just £52m through the sales of Fabinho and Jordan Henderson from Saudi Arabia.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 12 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins